Is your business scam safe?
Story: You get a phone call. The caller says they’re from the ATO. They want you to pay a debt (which you know nothing about), or are asking for your personal details.
But it doesn’t seem quite right. Maybe the caller:
- is aggressive
- threatens that if you don’t pay you will be arrested and sent to jail, or
- tries to make you call another number outside normal business hours.
National Scam Awareness Week is 21 - 25 May, and is a timely reminder to be aware of threat-based impersonation scams as we approach tax time. Next time you pick up the phone or receive an email, take a moment and ask yourself, “Is this for real?”
What can you do to keep your business information safe?
We’ve developed a list of top cyber security tips to help keep your business, staff and client information safe, such as:
- ensure your passwords are strong and secure
- remove system access from people who no longer need it
- ensure all devices have the latest available security updates.
Help us increase awareness around threat-based impersonation scams. Share your scam stories by using the hashtags #ScamsWeek18 #IsthisForReal.